Monday, March 1, 2010

STORY: Freedom To Serve by Tony Castle

Story title: Freedom To Serve
By: Tony Castle

    Several hundred years ago a wealthy plantation owner was attracted by the heartbreaking sobs of a slave girl who was about to step up to the auction block to be sold. Moved by an impulse of compassion, he bought her for a very high price and then disappeared into the crowd.
     When the auction was over, the clerk came over to the sobbing girl and handed her her bill of sale,
telling her who her owner now was. To her astonishment, the unknown planter had written the word FREE across the paper that should have delivered her to him. She stood speechless as, one by one, the slaves were claimed by their owners and dragged away. Suddenly she threw herself at the feet of the clerk and exclaimed, "Where is the man who bought me? I must find him, He has set me free. I must serve him as long as I live!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment