Thursday, March 11, 2010

STORY: Love Is Kind by Willian Barcly

Story title: Love Is Kind
by: William Barcly

      John Wesley on one of his countless journeys shared a carriage with an Army officer. They had a lively interesting conversation, but the officer's language was salted with swear words. Though it went against Wesley's grain, he showed no displeasure.
     When the coach stopped for a lunch break, Wesley used the opportunity to have a word with the officer. "I wonder if I might ask you a favor, "Wesley asked. " We will be travelling some distance together, and if I should forget myself and us a swear word in front of the ladies, would you kindly correct me?"
       The officer got the point immediately and painlessly/
        That it known as kindness in word.

0 comments:

Post a Comment