Monday, February 21, 2011

The Cross Room Story

Story title: The Cross Room Story

    A young man at the end of his rope groaned in distress as he prayed."Lord, I can't go on. My cross is too heavy to bear."  
"My son, " the Lord replied with compassion, "if you can't bear its weight, come with me to the cross room. There you may exchange you cross for any other cross you choose."
    Filled with relief, the young man sighed, "Thank you, Lord." Briskly entering the cross room, he mindlessly discarded his own cross and searched for one he'd rather carry. He saw many other crosses, some so large the tops weren't even visible. After winding in and out of the rows of crosses, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against the far wall. "I'd like that one, Lord,"he whispered.
   And the Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you brought in."

0 comments:

Post a Comment