Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Medium Can Change The Message Story gems of thought

Story title: The Medium Can Change The Message
By: Gems of Thought

   Year ago an elderly illilterate carpenter received some mail and he was very upset about it. A letter was a very unusual thing in his life and he was worried about what might be in it. So he hurried over to the butcher shop and the rough-voice muscle man behind the counter read it aloud.

"This is a letter from your son, "he shouted, "and it says: ' Dear Dad, I am sick and haven't a single cent. Send me some money quick. You son Bill.""
   Influenced by the hard tones of the reader, the carpenter became read with rage and exploded, "Who does that kid think he is, telling me what to do? I won't give him a cent."
   In a fit of anger, the carpenter walked back home. But along the way he met his friend the soft spoken tailor. He stopped him and confided, "I want you to see this letter my boy sent me."
   The tailor took the letter and read it aloud in his usual calm and cultured way. Suddenly the message sounded different to the carpenter. It came across as appealing and plaintive. It left the carpenter deeply saddened. "Poor Bill, "he said with worry in his voice. "He's in bad shape. I'd better send him some cash fast."
  So off he went to wire some money to his son.
  The message can often depend on the medium! How true!

0 comments:

Post a Comment