Thursday, January 20, 2011

You Can't Hide Happiness story by Reader's Digest

Story title: You Can't Hide Happiness
By: Reader's Digest
Writer Nina Fischer
    My dad was a carpenter and he never liked to get dressed up into nice clothes. But when my mother died, Dad bought a handsome suit and was dressed to the teeth as he went heart broken to her funeral.

     A year or so later, I was in a clothing store and saw a suit similar to the one Dad had worn at Mom's funeral. I got into a conversation about Dad and his dislike for dressing up. Then the elderly salesman said to me, "My dear child, I knew your Dad. He often came in here to admire the fine clothes we stock. But he never bought any. He always said that you kids needed things more that he needed clothes.
    When I heard that, my eyes filled with tears. But the old man went on to say." Your father told me that he always felt dressed up inside himself. And I believed him. He smiled so much, he just had to be wearing a really nice suit around his heart."

0 comments:

Post a Comment