Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Liturgical Reading Story

Song title: Liturgical Reading
By: London Universe

       The famous Irish television personality, Eamonn Andrews, tells this story on himself.
       His parish priest in Dublin asked him whether he would like to take one of the liturgical readings on Sundays, and Eamonn gladly agreed. So late one Saturday, the priest sent one of the altar boys to ask Eamonn if he would take the reading at next day's Mass.

      He refused.. And this was the way he put it to his parish priest, "As far as I am concerned, the Word of God is something absolutely precious. It means an awful lot to me. I have made a lot of sacrifices during my life because of convictions I have about the Gospel. And, therefore, I will not take the Gospel for granted.
      "You are asking me to come along tomorrow and go out and read something I have never seen. If I were doing a television program, I would spend a whole week planning and preparing it. I will not go out there just to read in front of people, without putting a lot of preparation into it, without having it explained to me. I want to know what the people are to get out of it. I want to pray about it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment