Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Desiring Happines For Others Story

Story title: Desiring Happines For Others
By: Ernest J. Lewis

     David Garroway was one of the first TV talk-show personalities. After he had become quite wealthy, he was asked one day about his sense of Christmas. He said he had noticed that the older one gets, the harder it is to tell people what you want for Christmas.
     "I've noticed," he said, "that most people ask for something materials for Christmas. This used to amuse me, but it doesn't any more. I happen to be a person who can afford anything he wants. But I find that what I really want, I  can't by at all. I want peace/// peace of mind /// peace of soul. The kind of peace you have when you don't really want anything.

     "Nowadays when I ask the question, I phrase it this way: 'What if you had everything you wanted... What if you had all the money in the world.. What if you could buy anything you wanted.. then what would you like for Christmas??'
    "One Christmas that is! It's like the little girl who prayed at the end of the day: 'God, I had a great time today.' and then she added, ' I hope you had a good time, too."

0 comments:

Post a Comment