Friday, March 4, 2011

Heaven For The Humorist Story

Story title: Heaven For The Humorist
By: Tony Castle

     There is the story of an Irishman who died suddenly and went up for divine judgement. He felt very uneasy, for he didn't think he had done much good on earth. There was a long line of people ahead of him, so he settled down to look and listen.

     After consulting his big book, Christ said to the first man in line, "I see here that I was hungry and you gave me to eat. Good on you! Go on into heaven.
    To the second he said, " I was thirsty and you gave me to drink, " and to the third, "I was in prison and you visited me."
    And so it went on. As each man ahead of him was sent to heaven, the Irishman examined his conscience and felt that he had a great deal to fear. He'd never given anyone food or drink, and he hadn't visited prisoners or the sick.
    Then his turn came. Trembling, he watched Christ examining the book. Then Christ looked up and said, "Well, there's not much written here; but you did do something: I was sad and discouraged and depressed and you came and told me funny stories which made me laugh and cheered me up. Get along to heaven.."
    This story makes the point that no form of charity should be undervalued or neglected.

0 comments:

Post a Comment