Saturday, January 23, 2010

Discouragement Story By Bruno Hagspiel

 Once upon a time the devil decided to go out of business. He offered all of his tools for sale. He attractively displayed the whole bad looking lot: Malice, Hatred, Envy, Jealousy.. Each was marked with a price tag.
A part from them lay a harmless looking wedge shaped tool, very much worn out, but priced higher than any of the others. Someone asked the devil what tool that was.
  "That's discouragement, "he replied.
 "But why is it priced so high?"
 "Because," answered the devil, "discouragement is more useful to me than all the others. With discouragement I can pry open and get inside a person's conscience, when I cannot get near him with any other tools. And once I'm inside his conscience, I can use him in any way that suits me best. It is so much worn because I can use it with nearly anybody, since very few people know that it belongs to me."
  A person is never weaker than when he or she is fed-up, is down in the dumps. He or she couldn't care less about anything.. and then anything can happen.. and usually does.


--- Bruno Hagspiel

0 comments:

Post a Comment