Sunday, January 24, 2010

Story Of What Would Jesus Have Done? By Maxine Davis

  I was working at the supermarket check out counter and my nerves were badly on edge. Up came a little boy with a loaf of bread, "That will be one dollar and nine cents," I told him, as he dumped a fistful of change onto the counter.
  He looked at me apologetically and with trembling fingers tried to push the coins together. I counted
the money. My stomach tightened as I heard some lady say, "I though this was the express line! It'll take her all day to count that kid's money."
  The youngster was short twenty cents. I shot him an uneasy look. His cheeks turned pink.
  "What would the Lord do right now?"I asked myself, as the Sunday preacher had advised.
  Quickly I picked up a piece of paper and wrote on it, "I owe this cash register twenty cents." Then I put it into the cash register with the boy's coins.
  "Thank you very much, ma'am, "he replied, flashing me a lovely smile.
  After that, the complaining customers no longer made any difference.. My heart felt light because on this on small occasion I had done what I felt Jesus would have done...
  It felt so good that I made up my mind to look for another occasion..


--Maxine Davis

0 comments:

Post a Comment