Sunday, January 31, 2010

Story: I Told You So by Walther Birkmayer

        A French physician went to the public beach for a swim. As he was changing into his swimming suit in the bath house, he heard a man in the next cell coughing very badly. He waited for the man to come outside. When a huge muscular athlete appeared, the physician approached him and said,”Excuse me, sir. I am a doctor. If I could give you a bit of advice, I’d say: watch out for that cough you have. It might seem harmless right now, but it could develop into something nasty.”
      
The athlete turned to the doctor and said,”Thanks for the advice, Doc, but I am perfectly healthy. The cough doesn’t mean a thing.”
      A few months later when the doctor returned for a swim, people told him that the muscular athlete had died.”What from?” asked the doctor.
      “From some kind of lung trouble,”they told him.
      Then he repeated what he always used to say when people refused to follow his medical advice, and then died, “Well, now, that’s the kind of news a doctor likes to hear. It always make him happy.”

-----Walther Birkmayer

0 comments:

Post a Comment