Thursday, January 28, 2010

Free Story : Fullfillment by Renate Sprung

    It was a beautiful day in spring. The lawns were a fresh green, the trees were flowering, the birds were singing and chirping. Along the sidewalk a woman was slowly shoving a baby buggy. Every now and then she would stop and speak some soft tender words to her baby. There was a material pride and joy all over her face.
  
She was so carried away by mother love that she did not hear me approach. As I walked by, out of curiosity I looked into the buggy and what did I see? There was no cooing contended baby lying on that white pillow. No. There was a life size doll dressed in the nicest clothes a baby could have.
    I took a hurried look at the woman..
    After asking around. I found that she belonged to the nearby mental institution. For Christmas, the nurses had pooled their money and bought her the buggy and the doll. They knew that it was the best therapy she could have.. all her life she had wanted to mother someone.
    Now there was no more depression in her looks but only smiles and happiness.
    Fulfillment can be one of the best medicines in life.



----Renate Sprung

0 comments:

Post a Comment