Thursday, January 28, 2010

Free Story Of Love Defeating Temptation by William Barclay

    A man sat at the door of his house smoking his pipe. His neighbor sat beside him, tempting him, "You are poor, " said the neighbor. "You are out of work. Here is a little deal that will help you. It will be an easy job: we only work at night.. and it will bring you money. and it's no worse that what lots of respectable people do every day. How about coming along right now?"
 
  Just then the man's young wife came to the door carrying her little baby in her arms."Will you hold the baby for a minute,"she said. "He is fretful and I must hand out the clothes to dry."
    The man took the baby and sat him on his knees. The little child looked up and its eyes spoke." I am flesh of your flesh."said the child' eyes."I am soul of your soul. Where you lead I shall follow. Lead the way, father. My feet come after yours."
    The man was moved by the message in the baby's eyes. He turned to his tempting visitor and said, "Sorry. I'm not interested in your deal.

-----William Barclay

0 comments:

Post a Comment