Wednesday, February 10, 2010

FREE STORY: Faith In People by William Barclay

     A boy was misbehaving in class and the teacher sent him to the principal's office. After hearing his story, the principal took out a blank notebook and wrote the boy's name on the cover. While he was writing, he said to the lad, "You have not been sent to me before. Now, I don't know you; you might be a
good boy, for all I know. Good boys sometimes make mistakes. Now inside here on the first page I'm going to make a note in pencil that you were sent to me today, and I will also note why you were sent. As you see, I am making this memorandum in pencil and I am not bearing down on it very hard. If you are never again sent to me this year, I shall erase this form my book and no one will ever know anything about it."
    That was a lesson in mercy which the boy never forgot. And it worked wonders.

-----William Barclay

0 comments:

Post a Comment