Saturday, February 20, 2010

STORY: Preachers' Problems by Gems of Thought

Story title: Preachers' Problems
by Gems of Thought


    A famous clergyman was preaching one Sunday in the summertime and noticed that many of his audience were drowsing. Suddenly he paused, and then in a very loud voice, related an incident that had no connection whatever with his sermon.
   It went like this:" I was once riding along a country road and came to the house of a farmer. I stopped for a bit when I saw something stranger that I had ever seen in my life. There was a sow
with a litter of then little pigs. She and each of her piglets had a long curved horn growing out their forehead between the ears."
    At this point the clergyman stopped and ran his eyes over the congregation. Everybody was wide awake. So he remarked, "How strange it all is! A few minutes ago, when I was telling you the truth, you all went to sleep. But now when you have heard a whopping lie, you are all wide awake."

0 comments:

Post a Comment