Thursday, February 25, 2010

STORY: Albert Einstein's Old Clothes by Bert Balling

Story title: Albert Einstein's 
By: Bert Balling

   The genius of our century, Albert Einstein, had an innate dislike for new clothes. Not that he couldn't afford them or enjoy the new styles. No; it was just that he felt more comfortable in old clothes. And how he hated shopping for clothes: comparing them, trying them on, being measured for them.
    But his wife kept pestering him to get rid of his threadbare suit and go out and buy a new one. So
he reluctantly agreed, "Okay, I'll do it. But just this once. You know, my best ideas come to me in my worn out suit. New clothes pinch me and cramp my thoughts."
    To which his wife answered, " Maybe new clothes, ARE a bit tight, but they won't harm all your moody meditating. And don't forget this: I like you better when you are well dressed."
    "Now THAT is a really valid reason. It has demolished all my objections."
    So that very same afternoon, Einstein's accompanied his wife to a clothing store. She bought him a new suit. He wore it home, doting on his wife's admiring glances. When they got there, he took off the suit and go back into his working clothes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment